Saturday, March 9, 2019

Updated Script

Hey guys it's been a minute since last time,
Excuse the slang, that was to get you ready for Amber's introduction to her video. A minute is slang for a while or long time that American teenagers often use today. To make the film more current we want the alarm to be a phone and be charging right next to Amber's' bed.
 Amber will be making a YouTube video for her channel; she usually talks about her life. The video scene will be shown once while the rest of the opening will be her voice over while going about her day in real life. Having the contrast between how she is on camera versus in real life might throw the audience off. They may think the purpose is to show how people on the internet aren't as perfect as they seem in real life. To avoid this Amber will show herself in the camera once then the rest can be a voice over. The script is down below and as of now it is officially done. We tested it our as being around two minutes.


INT. BED - 5:30 AM

Camera opens on AMBER’s face in a close up, eyes wide open. Alarm starts blaring as she looks off into space.

INT. BEDROOM - 7:00 PM

Camera opens on AMBER’s face. She is filming a video. AMBER looks hesitant before she begins filming.

AMBER

(exhales)

Hey, guys. It’s been a minute since I’ve filmed. To sum it up, I guess today’s been a bit of a busy day.

AMBER (VOICE OVER)

I started my day off bright and early with lots of sunshine.

CUT TO: AMBER walking past knocked out parent on couch.



I said goodbye to my mom and ran to catch the bus.


------------------------------------------------------------

EXT. SCHOOL - 8:00 AM

School is shown in an establishing shot.



------------------------------------------------------------

INT. CLASSROOM - 8:15 AM

AMBER (VOICE OVER)

I then had to take a math test, which I’d basically pulled an all nighter studying for.

(AMBER is shown looking at her hand for cheats, then looking up, concerned.)

------------------------------------------------------------

EXT. HALLWAY - 9:30 AM

AMBER (VOICE OVER)

After that, I went over to talk to my group of friends to see how they thought their college applications were going.

AMBER is talking to a few people in the hall.

FRIEND 1

I asked her if she’d want to hook up sometime and she said yes but she’d have to hide it from her boyfriend! Can you believe that?

AMBER

(unenthusiastically)

Nope.

FRIEND 1

Hey, how about you? Did you ever respond to Dylan?

AMBER

No, he’s not really for me.

(Checks time)

Look, I’d love to keep talking about this, but I really have to go study. I’ll talk to you later.

FRIEND 1

See you later!



AMBER unlocks an empty room with discarded belongings.

------------------------------------------------------------

INT. EMPTY ROOM - 9:35 AM

AMBER (VOICE OVER)

Then, I went to lunch. I had to work long hours after school, so I need to fill my stomach with as much as I can during the school day!

AMBER is rummaging through the belongings, taking money from them.

AMBER (VOICE OVER)

In case you’re wondering, I work as a cashier at the local convenience store which I won’t name.

AMBER close up on saddened, distressed face.

------------------------------------------------------------

EXT. PARKING LOT - 4:00 PM

AMBER is shown walking down the street.

AMBER (VOICE OVER)

After school I just headed on to work, and then finally concluded my day by doing my homework for tomorrow. You’re probably tired of me going on about my day, so I’ll end the video here. Thank you guys so much for watching, and please like and subscribe if you enjoyed. Bye!

AMBER sits down on a parking spot, pulls out a notebook and draws inside of it. Her drawings are depressing: they are of her succeeding, with the world around her dark.

------------------------------------------------------------

INT. AMBER’S HOUSE - 8:00 PM

AMBER

Hi, mom, sorry I’m home so late. I worked extra hours tonight.

(inhales deeply)

Here’s everything I earned, tips included. This should be enough for the week.

(extends arm with pay)

No comments:

Post a Comment