Friday, March 1, 2019

Advice From Peers

Today Mrs. Stoklosa had us go into groups to peer review what our ideas were so far. Personally I loved getting outside perspectives from other creators. It helped solve obstacles and give suggestions of ways I can improve how I portray my film opening.
I first gave my input on how Rhea (first speaker) should do a post on research about OCD therefore her OCD character can be more obvious to the audience. We mentioned that having the character take pills to show they have a more serious problem. Isabella was the second speaker and she was having trouble in showing the scenes with the victim being murdered. I suggested she has quick shots that are close ups of the knife going near the body. Having stings of cutting and gushing liquids would be helpful. The low key lighting and the murderer pulling the body will show the body is being . Lastly I said slime could be attached to the "heart" when being pulled out of the body could show the gore more.
The members helped me with some new ideas and ways to overcome my obstacles. A scene I wanted to do was the teenage boyfriend drinking alcohol. My peers suggested the scene could be his point of view and it would be in slow motion. The environment would be faded like the editing in the Adele music video "Send My Love." However the opening may not be able to have the girl waking up, going to school and having the boyfriend. It may be better to eliminate the drinking screen or shorten the morning scenes. Isabella mentioned using an animated character that looked like the real life female character. It would be like the "bitmoji" characters from Snapchat instead of the voice over having her talk. The bitmoji would have her own scenes of her talking about how she really feels and is thinking. Speaking of the voice over it should be in the perspective of the speaker. The mise-en-scene of the teenagers bedroom should heavily reflect on her personality: dark, messy and grunge. So should her dark clothing and hair/makeup. Julia told me she got feedback saying if we go the satirical comedy route we must make it cheesy as possible. To exaggerate how much coming of age/ teenage films
Next post will be a case study of rebellious teenage characters so I know how to portray our main character. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment