Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Production name AND Final Script

So much progress was made !
Julia and I wanted to have a production name that represented us. We wanted to do our initials but we trashed that idea because the combinations sounded boring. So we looked up American production names which revolved around using numbers and real names or initials. They honestly did not help so we went on Reel Rundown (link down below) which gave advice about naming productions. One point they made was having it be unique and personal. I asked Julia what her and I both like. We chose the beach and started going off names that relate to that. We finally went with:

Production Name: R u s h i n g  W a t e r s

So Julia and I had to take at least two class periods finalizing the script because we kept finding problems. Mostly with how the teenagers were talking. We printed three copies: Amber's character, Broody's character and a spare script.

Script:

FADE IN:

INT. BED - 5:30 AM

Camera opens on AMBER’s face in a close up, eyes wide open. Alarm starts blaring as she looks off into space.

DISSOLVE TO:

INT. BEDROOM - 7:00 PM

Camera opens on AMBER’s face. She is filming a video. AMBER looks hesitant before she begins filming.

AMBER

(exhales)

Hey, I haven’t filmed in a bit and, uh, I guess I’ve been a bit busy.

DISSOLVE TO:

INT. AMBER’s ROOM - 7:00 AM

AMBER (VOICE OVER)

Um, so, I won’t get too far into it but, y’know, just the regular school stuff no one needs to really hear.

CUT TO: AMBER walking past knocked out dad on couch.

DISSOLVE TO:

------------------------------------------------------------

EXT. SCHOOL - 8:00 AM

School is shown in an establishing shot.

DISSOLVE TO:

------------------------------------------------------------

INT. CLASSROOM - 8:15 AM

AMBER (VOICE OVER)

Like, to prove my point, when I got to math, I looked at the board and saw we had a test on old material. Boring stuff.

(AMBER is shown looking at her hand for cheats, then looking up, concerned.)

DISSOLVE TO:
------------------------------------------------------------

EXT. HALLWAY - 9:30 AM

AMBER (VOICE OVER)

I guess the highlight of my day was just, like, seeing my friends in the hallway.

AMBER is talking to a few people in the hall.

BRODY

So, then I asked her if she’d wanna, like, get together sometime and she said yeah but that I can’t tell anyone so her boyfriend doesn’t find out! Like, is she serious?

AMBER

(unenthusiastically)

Wow, the audacity.

BRODY

Dude, by the way, did you ever reach out to Dylan?

AMBER

Nah, he’s not really for me.

(Checks time)

So um, can we talk later? I really have to go study for my test next period. It’s, like, thirty percent of the grade.

BRODY

(jokingly)

Whatever, see you later!

AMBER unlocks an empty room with discarded belongings.

DISSOLVE TO:

------------------------------------------------------------

INT. EMPTY ROOM - 9:35 AM

AMBER (VOICE OVER)

Honestly, hearing me talk about school is probably boring, so I guess I’ll just talk about my job. Uh, I like it. Yeah. Good coworkers, good hours.

AMBER is rummaging through the belongings, taking money from them.

AMBER (VOICE OVER)

Oh, in case you’re wondering, I work as a cashier.

AMBER close up on saddened, distressed face.

DISSOLVE TO:
------------------------------------------------------------

EXT. PARKING LOT - 4:00 PM

AMBER is shown walking down the street.

AMBER (VOICE OVER)

Uh, I think that’s all I really have to say. It doesn’t sound like much, but I’ve been busy. Promise I’m not blowing this off. I’m working on a schedule now, actually, to make my posts more consistent. So, sorry for the inconvenience. Don’t unsubscribe, please. Just kidding, you can if you want...but please don’t.

AMBER sits down on a parking spot, pulls out a notebook and draws inside of it. Her drawings are depressing: they are dark.

DISSOLVE TO:
------------------------------------------------------------

INT. AMBER’S HOUSE - 8:00 PM

AMBER

Hey, dad. I know it’s late, I know, but they held me a bit, and, I waited on a rich guy.(scoffs)

(inhales deeply)

Here, this should get us through the week...

(extends arm with pay)

FADE OUT


The source where we got our inspiration for the production name: 
Tatiana. (2017, June 20). 50 Film Production Company Names. Retrieved from     https://reelrundown.com/film-industry/production-company-names

No comments:

Post a Comment